How to install Bonus Smileys for AOL Instant Messenger
1. Download SmileyCentral and start installation. When prompted click Run.
2. Read carefully and understand the end user license agreement (EULA) and accept the terms by clicking Accept. Keep the boxes checked, if you wish to let the software
to change your default search engine and homepage in your browser to MyWebSearch. If you do not wish to do so, simply uncheck these boxes before proceeding.
3. Congratulations! You have successfully completed installation of SmileyCentral. Click Finish to exit the installation window.
4. Open your browser and look for the Smiley icon. You should now be able to see a yellow smiley face. Click it to access the
bonus features from SmileyCentral
5. To enable/disable Smiley Central within AOL Instant Messenger, go to Internet Explorer browser and:
1) Find the "My Web Search" button on your toolbar and click the
2) Select "Enable/Disable
3) Check the box next to "AOL Messenger" to enable, uncheck the box to
4) Click "Save Changes"
Be sure to close your AOL Instant Messenger, then re-open for
your changes to take effect.
I use Norton Internet Security,
Zone Alarm, or similar firewall/proxy software and am having trouble
downloading Smiley Central. Why?
The most common problem when downloading or installing Smiley Central
occurs when running such software. If you are running one of these
types of products, try temporarily disabling it, then go back to
try the download process
again. You can reactivate your firewall/proxy software once the
download and installation of the toolbar and Smiley Central is complete.
When I try to install,
I'm told "It appears you already have Smiley Central."
Our system indicates that Smiley
Central is already installed on your computer. If you have not done so
already, please try restarting your computer. If you still do not see
Smiley Central on your Web browser please try downloading again.
I no longer see the
toolbar/Smiley Central button after I upgrade to the latest version
order to verify that your browser is set to allow the toolbar to be
displayed, please try the following:
- At the top of Internet
Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu
- Select "Internet Options"
- On the resulting window, click
the "Advanced" tab (in the upper-right corner)
- Under "Browsing", check to see
if there is a check mark in the box next to "Enable third-party browser
extensions (requires restart)." If there is no check in this box,
please click on it to check it, then close and re-open your IE browser.
My Web Search (or My Total Search) should now be an option under "View
I am getting Error code 69031 or 38670.
You may have received this error
due to insufficient hard drive space or a fragmented hard drive. You
may wish to run scan disk on your hard drive to free up unallocated
space and repair any disk errors.
After doing this, please try
installing Smiley Central again.